- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Mike Aviles
Michael Bourn didn't take much time to savor the first walk-off hit of his career.
The Colorado Rockies' offense got back on track Saturday. Their road woes continued to pile up.
Mike Aviles has built a reputation as a solid player off the bench. He's not doing a bad job being in the lineup every day either.
When Chris Sale pitches, it's usually a short night for the bullpen.
The Cleveland Indians got a break after a lengthy rain delay led to the early departure of White Sox ace Chris Sale. They weren't so lucky earlier in the game before the umpires halted play.
Trevor Bauer walked into the Indians' clubhouse lugging the javelin-like exercise bar he uses to warm up and zipped it inside a vinyl carrying case in his locker.
Justin Verlander rarely looks like a five-time All-Star, former Cy Young winner and AL MVP when he takes the mound at Progressive Field.
An impressive offensive display by the Cleveland Indians overshadowed another solid start from Corey Kluber.
On a night most Toronto Blue Jays will want to forget, Steve Tolleson had a moment to remember.
For the fourth straight game, the Tampa Bay Rays had runners on base in the ninth inning with a chance to win. And for the fourth straight game, they failed to get any of the runners across the plate.
Mike Aviles had a nice sacrifice bunt in the sixth inning that didn't result in any runs. One inning later he swung away with great results.
The Cleveland Indians specialized in walk-off wins last season.
The Boston Red Sox are hoping that two big trades will help them get back to the playoffs after missing out three years in a row.
The Kansas City Royals have optioned Yamaico Navarro to Triple-A Omaha.
"It's definitely fun, especially with a noon game (Wednesday)," Aviles said. "It's always good not to play extra innings and get that big win at the end."
"It was hard to get things going early in the game," Aviles said. "We weren't able to get that big hit when we needed it. We were able to get it later in the game."