- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Mike Babcock
The Detroit Red Wings surely liked what they saw of their new top line Friday night.
Johan Franzen has no explanation for his success in Ottawa, a place he certainly enjoys playing in.
There was something familiar about the way the checking of Mike Babcock's Detroit Red Wings smothered the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night.
Henrik Lundqvist already has a gold medal at home, tucked away in memory of two fantastic weeks in Turin eight years ago. Nearly half of Canada's roster has the same souvenir from Vancouver in 2010.
Sweden and Canada are the last two Olympic champions in men's hockey, and they've both gone undefeated so far in Sochi.
For hockey fans, it should be a fantastic Friday.
Canada forward John Tavares will miss the rest of the Olympics with a leg injury, dealing a blow to the defending champions' depth.
When Sidney Crosby went through the entire preliminary round of the Olympic men's hockey tournament without scoring a goal, it set off waves of concern back home.
Jonathan Quick and Carey Price appear to be the No. 1 goalies for USA and Canada. Who should be Russia's starter moving forward?
Sidney Crosby and Canada coach Mike Babcock slowly circled the Olympic rink before practice, two serious men enmeshed in a no-nonsense discussion about defensive zone coverage.
Four years after his gold medal-winning overtime goal in Vancouver, Crosby is paying close attention to every detail during his second trip to the Olympics. After all, he is Canada's captain now, the public face of likely the most talented team in Sochi.
Goalie Carey Price will start Canada's Olympic opener against Norway on Thursday, and Roberto Luongo will start Friday against Austria.
Canada's quest is to win Olympic gold in hockey again.
The Detroit Red Wings latest milestone game had a disheartening outcome.
The Detroit Red Wings were finally able to dominate the Florida Panthers.
"That was probably our worst game since Jan. 1," coach Mike Babcock said.
"Legwand's line was outstanding with Gus (Nyquist) and Mule (Franzen), really set the tone for us," Babcock said. "We need that against (Travis) Zajac's line with (Jaromir) Jagr on him. I thought those guys did a great job for us. We were calm on the bench, did a real good job."