- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Mike Babcock
Without Jimmy Howard, Johan Franzen and Daniel Alfredsson, the Detroit Red Wings warmed up for the playoffs with a win.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will enjoy the win more than the milestone for now.
The Detroit Red Wings are desperate for wins as they try to get into the playoffs for the 23rd straight time.
The Detroit Red Wings surely liked what they saw of their new top line Friday night.
Johan Franzen has no explanation for his success in Ottawa, a place he certainly enjoys playing in.
There was something familiar about the way the checking of Mike Babcock's Detroit Red Wings smothered the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night.
Canada forward John Tavares will miss the rest of the Olympics with a leg injury, dealing a blow to the defending champions' depth.
When Sidney Crosby went through the entire preliminary round of the Olympic men's hockey tournament without scoring a goal, it set off waves of concern back home.
Sidney Crosby and Canada coach Mike Babcock slowly circled the Olympic rink before practice, two serious men enmeshed in a no-nonsense discussion about defensive zone coverage.
Four years after his gold medal-winning overtime goal in Vancouver, Crosby is paying close attention to every detail during his second trip to the Olympics. After all, he is Canada's captain now, the public face of likely the most talented team in Sochi.
Goalie Carey Price will start Canada's Olympic opener against Norway on Thursday, and Roberto Luongo will start Friday against Austria.
Canada's quest is to win Olympic gold in hockey again.
Two goalies combined on a Detroit Red Wings shutout for the first time since the 2001-02 season, when they went on to hoist the Stanley Cup.
Patrick Eaves scored on Detroit's seventh attempt in a shootout and Jimmy Howard denied Washington seven times, giving the Red Wings a 4-3 victory over the Capitals on Friday night.
Jimmy Howard failed to stop Alex Ovechkin's shot in the final seconds of regulation.
"They didn't have their team and we didn't have chunks of our team, too, so I don't know if you can evaluate much about the game," coach Mike Babcock said after a 3-0 victory on Sunday. "But it's always nice to win it."
"Well, we're not throwing it out the window," Babcock said. "We're telling our guys that's what matters."