- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Latest Mike Brey Items
Notre Dame forward Austin Burgett has been released from the hospital after undergoing a procedure to correct an irregular heartbeat.
Virginia was nearly unstoppable against Notre Dame.
Coach Leonard Hamilton didn't call the final play for Ian Miller, but the Florida State senior wasn't giving up the rock with the game on the line.
Using halftime words from coach Mark Turgeon for inspiration, Dez Wells and the Terrapins used a strong second half to pull out a 74-66 victory over Notre Dame on Wednesday night and climb back over .500 in Atlantic Coast Conference play.
Maryland had just endured a dismal first half, missing 23 of 34 shots and getting no points from its leading scorer, Dez Wells.
One dilemma for GW coach Mike Lonergan against VCU's pressure schemes will be whether to go rotate lots for freshness or stick with his steadiest options.
The Smith Center was loud and intimidating, the way it always was when George Washington was a regular in the Top 25 at various times over the last two decades. For good measure, the Colonials used the occasion to induct Class of '82 standout Mike Brey into their Hall of Fame and debuted a buff-colored jersey featuring the White House, Washington Monument and Capitol below the numbers on the back.
Patricio Garino scored a career-high 25 points, Kevin Larsen added a career-high 22, Isaiah Armwood had 11 points and 14 rebounds, and George Washington's resurgent season hit another peak Tuesday night with a 76-66 win over Virginia Commonwealth.
The din that roared the sophomore-heavy team on to a 76-66 win over Virginia Commonwealth on Tuesday was something to behold, another sign that the program has revived itself again to become worthy of national attention.