- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Mike Brey Items
For the first time in over a decade, Mike Brey was back at George Washington, where he was honored at halftime of the Colonials' game against VCU on Tuesday. Despite playing only one year at the university, he will be inducted into its athletic Hall of Fame on Feb. 8.
Notre Dame announced in September it was leaving the Big East to join the ACC, with its football program remaining independent. Big East bylaws require 27 months' notice from departing members, but athletic director Jack Swarbrick indicated he would at least talk to the Big East about the possibility of leaving early.
Otto Porter scored 19 points and Georgetown held the Irish to a season-low 35 percent shooting, handing Notre Dame its third loss in four games.
After two months of playing mostly lightweight opponents and two weeks off for Christmas break, No. 21 Notre Dame is ready to begin its quest of trying to win its first Big East title before departing for the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Reserve Garrick Sherman scored 18 points to lead Notre Dame past George Washington 65-48 on Wednesday.
Heading into what could be Notre Dame's last season before joining the Atlantic Coast Conference, coach Mike Brey would like the Fighting Irish to take something with them as they prepare to leave the Big East: their first ever outright regular-season title.
Three more overtimes, four Big East teams standing.
Notre Dame coach Mike Brey strode into his post-game press conference Monday night at Verizon Center and immediately joked about getting the ensuing ordeal over with so he could get home.
Playing at home for the last time, seniors Jason Clark and Henry Sims combined for 25 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, and No. 11 Georgetown used its typically tough defense to beat No. 20 Notre Dame 59-41 in a key game for Big East tournament seeding.