- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Mike Fitzpatrick Items
The House voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to restore full cost of living increases to pension benefits for younger military retirees, responding eagerly to election-year pressure from veterans groups.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Friday:
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A national police organization and a Pennsylvania lawmaker are protesting President Barack Obama's nomination of a civil rights attorney for a U.S. Department of Justice position, citing his legal work on the case of Mumia Abu-Jamal.
U.S. Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick penned a letter to President Obama last week saying the president's Affordable Care Act had caused Sesame Place, an important tourist attraction, to terminate health benefits for its part-time staff, Philly.com reported.
Democrats aren't wasting any time in trying to define first and negatively a crop of House Republicans they want to knock off in 2012, launching new radio and Web ad campaigns in 19 swing districts just under three months after the midterm elections.
General Motors CEO Dan Akerson says new fuel efficiency requirements being discussed by the government are "pretty ambitious" and suggested that Congress seek ways of reconsidering the coming standards every few years.