- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
Latest Mike Gonzalez Items
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Optimism. Confidence. Hope.
Luke Scott tied the game with a ninth-inning homer off Mariano Rivera, then scored the winning run in the 11th to give the Baltimore Orioles a 4-3 victory over the New York Yankees on Sunday.
Thanks to an untimely walk in the eighth inning, the Baltimore Orioles ended up facing Miguel Cabrera with the bases loaded. On the first pitch he faced, Cabrera turned a one-run deficit into a two-run lead and sent the Detroit Tigers on to a 6-2 victory Sunday.