- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Mike Ilitch
Owner Mike Ilitch says he is going to miss a jersey retirement ceremony for Detroit Red Wings great Nicklas Lidstrom due to health reasons.
The Detroit City Council on Tuesday approved transferring vacant city-owned parcels for a new hockey arena and a 45-block entertainment complex just north of downtown.
The Detroit City Council on Friday approved two measures tied to the development of a new Red Wings hockey arena and entertainment complex just north of downtown.
When the Detroit Tigers introduced new closer Joe Nathan this week, the news conference quickly became about a lot more than Joe Nathan.
The Detroit Red Wings and city officials on Wednesday announced a $650 million plan for a new arena development for the NHL team in Detroit's downtown entertainment and sports district.
Most everywhere Lou Billittier turns these days, the Buffalo restaurateur is reminded of the NHL lockout, and its impact on his blue-collar, sports-mad town where Dominik Hasek became a star and the French Connection is still revered.
From south Florida to Vancouver, Montreal to Anaheim, a wide array of businesses located in the NHL's 30 markets have taken a significant hit because of the lockout, which is now in its fourth month and has wiped away 625 games.
They entered the World Series a collection of stars rivaling any team in baseball.
Max Scherzer capped a stupendous stretch for Detroit's starting rotation, and the Tigers advanced to the World Series for the second time in seven years by beating the New York Yankees 8-1 Thursday for a four-game sweep of the American League Championship Series.
Budd Lynch, a veteran radio broadcaster who spent more than 60 years working for the Detroit Red Wings and became the team's public voice, died Tuesday. He was 95.
Cleveland Indians manager Manny Acta shrugged off comments by closer Chris Perez about the way the team has been run, saying he cares more about how the right-hander performs in the ninth inning.
With Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera in the middle of the lineup, the Detroit Tigers look ready for a season of slugging at Comerica Park.
The Detroit Tigers responded to a jarring injury with an audacious move.
It's not hard to imagine the Washington Capitals in the Winter Classic. Last season, they played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh against the Penguins, but the dream is that spectacle at home.
One day before their big series against second-place Cleveland, the Detroit Tigers ended months of speculation about their manager and front office.
DETROIT (AP) - Owner Mike Ilitch says he is going to miss a jersey retirement ceremony for Detroit Red Wings great Nicklas Lidstrom due to health reasons.
He says Lidstrom is "very deserving" of the honor.