- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - Mike Johnson
It's gotten a little quiet out there. Too quiet.
After three suicides at the D.C. Jail in the past two months, union officials say corrections officers don't have the resources to provide appropriate mental health monitoring of inmates.
A 53-year-old man awaiting trial on sexual abuse charges was found hanging in his cell at the D.C. Jail on Monday, the third apparent suicide at the facility in the last two months.
Ovechkin still enjoys scoring goals, but he's no longer the kid at Christmas he used to be. The goals don't come quite as easily anymore, at least not often enough to drown out the wave of criticism around him.
If you are hosting family and friends for the holidays, especially if this is a yearly tradition, you may be wishing your home looked a little fresher. While a total renovation may not be in the budget during these lean times, local interior designers have plenty of suggestions to add some pizazz without cutting into your gift-giving budget.
Rick Neuheisel returned to UCLA determined to do everything correctly after a coaching career filled with big successes and equally big trouble.
Stories of people helping one another, often without being asked and demanding nothing in return, were a heartwarming counterpoint to the destruction from unprecedented flooding along the Souris Valley in north-central North Dakota.
Quarterback Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons' offense is clicking, putting up points and getting the job done.
Beware, this is a professional wrestling story. And when professional wrestling stories turn up in newspapers, on television and all over the Internet and provide material for the talk shows — as they have lately — something must have gone terribly wrong.
"It was surreal," said Johnson, 47, who'll run again Monday. "I was caught up in the emotion of the people that were around me and dealing with the unknown. . A person nearby was hysterical. Just to be around someone like that just hits the heart. I wasn't full of fear, but I was full of emotion."
Inspections are expected to be completed in the next few days on safe rooms at four elementary schools and a high school football field, while shelters at six other elementary schools and Joplin High School will be ready in the fall, said Mike Johnson, the school district's director of construction.