- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Mike Johnson
It's gotten a little quiet out there. Too quiet.
After three suicides at the D.C. Jail in the past two months, union officials say corrections officers don't have the resources to provide appropriate mental health monitoring of inmates.
A 53-year-old man awaiting trial on sexual abuse charges was found hanging in his cell at the D.C. Jail on Monday, the third apparent suicide at the facility in the last two months.
Ovechkin still enjoys scoring goals, but he's no longer the kid at Christmas he used to be. The goals don't come quite as easily anymore, at least not often enough to drown out the wave of criticism around him.
If you are hosting family and friends for the holidays, especially if this is a yearly tradition, you may be wishing your home looked a little fresher. While a total renovation may not be in the budget during these lean times, local interior designers have plenty of suggestions to add some pizazz without cutting into your gift-giving budget.
Rick Neuheisel returned to UCLA determined to do everything correctly after a coaching career filled with big successes and equally big trouble.
Stories of people helping one another, often without being asked and demanding nothing in return, were a heartwarming counterpoint to the destruction from unprecedented flooding along the Souris Valley in north-central North Dakota.
Quarterback Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons' offense is clicking, putting up points and getting the job done.
Beware, this is a professional wrestling story. And when professional wrestling stories turn up in newspapers, on television and all over the Internet and provide material for the talk shows — as they have lately — something must have gone terribly wrong.
Inspections are expected to be completed in the next few days on safe rooms at four elementary schools and a high school football field, while shelters at six other elementary schools and Joplin High School will be ready in the fall, said Mike Johnson, the school district's director of construction.
"We want to open them to the public because it's that time of year," Johnson said. "We will be calling the city for final inspections just any day."