- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Mike London Items
The outcome had been decided and Highway 29 was getting congested, but as the final minutes ticked off in Virginia's win against Richmond on Saturday, the Cavaliers' defenders were fully engaged with the action.
The game was scheduled long before it became an event.
Former Virginia standouts Matt Schaub and D'Brickashaw Ferguson will have their jerseys retired in a halftime ceremony during Saturday's game against Richmond.
Michael Rocco's uncle is the coach at the University of Richmond. His dad was a quarterback at Penn State.
Virginia's workouts this summer often ended in the same way.
Paul Freedman has always enjoyed wearing red, white and blue, and he got the perfect opportunity this summer.
Entering the first week of the season, college football coaches have to plan out which freshmen will redshirt and which will play. This year, Virginia coach Mike London will get a bonus decision.
Thursday's late football practice marked the end of two-a-day workouts at the University of Virginia, and it came on the heels of a Wednesday night scrimmage that inched the Cavaliers closer to an opening-day lineup.
The skies were gray at Virginia's practice Tuesday, but the mood was nothing of the sort.