- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Latest Mike Matheny Items
Mike Matheny, as Nationals fans surely know at this point, likes his guys. So it perhaps wasn't surprising when the Cardinals manager chose one of his own to start Tuesday night's All-Star Game.
The Marlins' Henderson Alvarez was named as Jordan Zimmermann's roster replacement, leaving the first-place Nationals with no active All-Stars.
Lance Lynn got off to a slow start in his shortest outing of the season.
Michael Wacha wasted no energy pondering the weather. The St. Louis Cardinals pitcher concentrated on shutting down the opposition, waiting for the big swing that decided the outcome.
The St. Louis Cardinals recalled prize prospect Oscar Taveras from Triple-A Memphis and plugged him right into the lineup to make his major league debut against the Giants.
The St. Louis Cardinals brought up a hot-hitting minor leaguer Friday, recalling outfielder Randal Grichuk from Triple-A Memphis and optioning outfielder Shane Robinson to their top farm club.
It was news to Hiroki Kuroda that it had been 10 months since he last won on the road.
Shelby Miller opened with two scoreless innings. The next two innings were so rough the 23-year-old right-hander wondered if he had been tipping his pitches.
Reliever Kevin Siegrist's left forearm tightened up again after his latest outing, prompting the St. Louis Cardinals to put the reliever on the disabled list on Saturday before the second game of a series against the Cincinnati Reds.