- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
Latest Mike Matheny Items
After spending years trying to find a quality shortstop, the St. Louis Cardinals now appear to have an excess.
As he warmed up in the bullpen for his second spring training start, Stephen Strasburg felt strong. Perhaps a little too strong.
Matt Carpenter called agreeing to a new $52 million, six-year deal with St. Louis a no-brainer. The Cardinals are hoping their third baseman sticks even longer than that.
Henderson Alvarez retired all nine batters he faced in his first start since pitching a no-hitter on the final day last season, leading the Miami Marlins to a 7-3 victory over a Cardinals split-squad Friday.
As the umpire crew prepared to review an inning-ending double play turned by the Boston Red Sox, the players prematurely trotted off the field.
Jhonny Peralta homered twice against his former team, going deep in his only plate appearances Monday in the St. Louis Cardinals' 8-5 loss to the Detroit Tigers.
Matt Holliday doubled in both at-bats and drove in two runs Sunday for the St. Louis Cardinals in a 7-1 win over the New York Mets.
St. Louis pitcher Lance Lynn says he hasn't experienced any ill effects following his first 200-inning major league season. Judging by his first outing of the spring, it's easy to believe him.
Before joining the Cardinals in the offseason, Jhonny Peralta had only heard about Carlos Martinez's live arm.