- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Mike Mcintyre
McIntyre announced, Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014, he won't seek a 10th term in the 7th Congressional District, which covers portions of 12 southeastern counties from Wilmington, N.C., and points north and west to the edge of the Triangle.
"Some schools are focusing so heavily on academics that a lot of physical education programs are cut due to budgetary restraints, and sports and [recreational] programs are being cut back," he said. "It's having ramifications in terms of overall health, obesity, nutritional issues and a healthier lifestyle."