- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mike Montgomery
The job market continued to show steady improvement in the latest government report released Thursday. The number of Americans filing for unemployment benefits fell by 16,000 workers to the second lowest level in more than five years during the week that ended April 20, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Jim Calhoun witnessed basketball practices all over the country in nearly half a century of coaching _ including Bob Knight's sessions _ and said he never saw the likes of the video that emerged this week of Rutgers' Mike Rice.
California coach Mike Montgomery said Tuesday there was no excuse for him shoving star player Allen Crabbe during a game and that the action was completely out of character for him.
California coach Mike Montgomery was reprimanded by the Pac-12 on Monday for shoving one of his own players in the chest during a game.
The Kansas City Royals have slowly and methodically allowed their top prospects to climb through their farm system in recent years, piecing together a team they believe can compete in the wide-open American League Central.
The Kansas City Royals gambled their future Sunday night for a chance to win right now.
The Kansas City Royals acquired former All-Star James Shields and fellow right-hander Wade Davis from the Tampa Bay Rays on Sunday night for outfielder Wil Myers and a package of minor league prospects.
California men's basketball coach Mike Montgomery said Friday he was diagnosed with bladder cancer and had surgery last week that has left him cancer-free.
California head coach Mike Montgomery shouts instructions tornia guard Ricky Kreklow, left, during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game against Syracuse at the Maui Invitational on Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013, in Lahaina, Hawaii.
California head coach Mike Montgomery shouts instructions to his team while playing against Arkansas in the second half of an NCAA college basketball game at the Maui Invitational on Monday, Nov. 25, 2013, in Lahaina, Hawaii.