- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mike O'Brien
Maryland's second-largest county is pushing for a tax on plastic grocery bags, joining a number of local governments across the U.S. that are considering taxing or banning the bags as a way to reduce litter and generate extra revenue.
Hyundai Motor America today introduced the all-new 2013 Elantra GT in a North American debut at the Chicago Auto Show.
Toledo wants Syracuse's 33-30 overtime win against the Rockets to be vacated after a Big East Conference official acknowledged that replay officials wrongly awarded an extra point for a kick that was no good.
The head of the Mid-American Conference says there's no way to take away Syracuse's overtime win over Toledo despite a blown call on an extra point.
"Our 2013 lineup showcases Hyundai's philosophy behind building cars," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, Product and Corporate Planning, Hyundai Motor America. "We provide our customers with engaging, efficient vehicles packed with fun and functional technologies. We've bred this philosophy into our entire range of cars, and receiving awards in three different categories reflects our hard work and commitment to customer satisfaction and value."
"It just kind of went away," he said. "It's the new normal."