- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - mike petke
Bill Hamid made eight saves for D.C. United (1-1-1), including a diving save on Brandon Barklage's shot off a corner kick in stoppage time, which came close to crossing the goal line.
Thierry Henry practiced with the New York Red Bulls for the first time since signing with the MLS team earlier this week.
"We gave him a few days to clear his head," said New York coach Mike Petke, still in search of his first win with the Red Bulls at 0-1-2.
"We created so many opportunities today," Petke said. "How does the ball not go in? It really is tough to watch this unfold. It's to the point of what do you have to do to get it in. We did what we could. I'm not worried at all."