- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Mike Rizzo Items
The Washington Nationals have optioned top prospect Bryce Harper to Class A Hagerstown, saying the top overall pick in last year's draft needs to get more playing time to prepare for the season.
Washington manager Jim Riggleman's office was still basically empty Tuesday afternoon as team personnel, coaches and players shuffled past his door inside the Nationals' spring training complex.
Right-handed reliever Todd Coffey has agreed to a one-year contract with the Washington Nationals.
The Washington Nationals finalized their trade to acquire left-hander Tom Gorzelanny from the Chicago Cubs for three minor league prospects on Wednesday, and also agreed to terms with utility player Jerry Hairston Jr.
The Oakland Athletics suddenly have a lineup that could make them a contender in the AL West _ if the oft-injured A's stay healthy, of course.
Outfielder Josh Willingham has been traded to the Oakland Athletics in a deal that sends two prospects to the Washington Nationals.
Jayson Werth is in it for the long haul with the Washington Nationals.
Paul Konerko is staying with the White Sox, Carlos Pena is going to the Cubs.
The Washington Nationals figure it was worth asking: Hey, Cliff Lee, want to play in the nation's capital?