- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
Latest Mike Rogers Items
As outrage in Europe grows, lawmakers are defending U.S. surveillance practices — including phone tapping — and saying other nations likely engage in similar spying, even if their leaders don't know it.
Al Qaeda-linked extremists battling Syria's regime have established safe havens in the eastern part of the country, where they are plotting attacks throughout the Middle East.
Al Qaeda affiliates fighting against the Syrian regime are now debating when to launch attacks outside the country's borders, according to a senior U.S. lawmaker.
Bad guys such as al-Libi should face justice in U.S. courts
Don't count Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, among those applauding the tentative deal between the Obama administration and Russia over chemical weapons in Syria.
President Obama defended his tentative deal with Russia to confiscate Syria's chemical weapons as critics Sunday accused the president of caving to Russian leader Vladimir Putin.
Arriving this week: the Freethought Equality Fund PAC, the creation of the Center for Humanist Activism. Organizers say the new political action committee will support candidates ready to advocate for the "equal rights of nonbelievers."
EXCLUSIVE — As President Obama ran to election victory last fall with claims that al Qaeda was “decimated” and “on the run,” his intelligence team was privately offering an assessment that the terror network was shifting resources to emerging spinoff groups in Africa that posed fresh threats.
Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the powerful House intelligence committee, predicted on Sunday that Congress eventually will back a military strike on Syria.