- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
Latest Mike Scioscia Items
After the bullpen blew a lead in spectacular fashion for the second straight night, not even Mike Trout's late homer could rescue the Los Angeles Angels from another disheartening loss.
Garrett Richards walked two batters in the first inning. He pitched out of a jam in the third with runners on second and third. He overcame errors and walks thanks to double plays and strikeouts.
Josh Hamilton's attempt to beat out an infield grounder with a headfirst slide into first base landed him on the bench for up to two months.
Now the Los Angeles Angels are more concerned about Josh Hamilton's aching thumb than their inability to solve the Seattle Mariners early this season.
Jered Weaver left too many fastballs up in the strike zone, and the Houston Astros took advantage with four home runs off the Los Angeles Angels' ace.
Los Angeles Angels hitting coach Don Baylor had surgery on his broken right leg Tuesday after getting hurt while catching the ceremonial first pitch on opening day.
Mike Trout homered in his second at-bat hours after finalizing a contract extension, and the Los Angeles Angels beat the Dodgers 6-2 Saturday night in the final preseason game for both clubs.
Howie Kendrick singled home two runs in a four-run seventh inning, offsetting a pair of solo homers by Hanley Ramirez and leading the Los Angeles Angels to a 7-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday night in the opener of their Freeway Series.
Mike Scioscia moved his left fielder onto the infield dirt, then watched him start a double play. Matt Williams tried a similar trick - he put his right fielder on the grass behind the mound, only to see a bases-loaded triple fly into the vacated spot.