- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Mike Shanahan Items
Redskins rookie Jordan Reed won't play in the final two games because of a concussion, Coach Mike Shanahan said.
Cleveland has an extra first-round pick in 2014. The Redskins have none, but a valuable trade chip in Kirk Cousins. Could a deal be in the works?
Redskins' offensive lineman Trent Williams returned to practice on Thursday, increasing the likelihood that he'll suit up against the Cowboys.
Redskins center J.D. Walton, claimed off waivers on Wednesday, won't play in 2013.
If these are indeed Mike Shanahan's final days with the Washington Redskins, his legacy will be the inability to make things work at quarterback.
The retiring London Fletcher lobbied for Mike Shanahan to remain as the Redskins' head coach.
Tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) and offensive tackle Trent Williams (knee) did not practice on Wednesday.
Undrafted out of John Carroll, a Division III college in suburban Cleveland, the 38-year-old will presumably end his career having played in 256 consecutive games — a streak that is already the longest all-time among defensive players.
Whichever direction the Redskins eventually go, a couple of questions linger: How long will this regime last and why, besides the money, would anyone want to be a professional head coach these days? The constant pressure, headaches and growing scrutiny can't make for much fun even with a paycheck that looks like a lottery winner.