- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Mike Smith
Pure Tactics won the $75,000 Siren Lure Stakes by a nose over Rosengold at Santa Anita on Sunday.
Mike Smith knows his Falcons finished last in the NFL in rushing last season. The coach just has a difficult time saying the words.
Fourth-round selection Devonta Freeman said he felt like the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft when he saw the opportunity awaiting him with the Atlanta Falcons.
Mike Smith says he doesn't want his Falcons defense to be predictable or easily labeled.
The Atlanta Falcons are trying to make good on their promise to get tougher on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
The Atlanta Falcons picked up some badly needed protection for quarterback Matt Ryan, selecting offensive tackle Jake Matthews of Texas A&M at No. 6 in the NFL draft Thursday night.
Bob Baffert is down to one horse for the Kentucky Derby after early 6-1 second choice Hoppertunity was scratched Thursday because of a sore left front foot.
Wicked Strong, the colt named for the victims of last year's Boston Marathon bombings, replaced Hoppertunity as the early second choice at 6-1.
Students at Richfield High School in southern Idaho have been given access to wireless Internet while in class, but officials say there's not enough bandwidth available to support it.
Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith isn't sure when receiver Julio Jones will return to full speed.
Just two days into Atlanta's offseason workout program, Falcons coach Mike Smith is calling for major improvement on both sides of the line of scrimmage.
Anticipation and expectations rose from the desert at the start of the 2013-14 NHL season.
The puppies arrived early Wednesday afternoon at the State Correctional Institution at Greene.
Former NFL player Wade Davis' speech to the owners, coaches and general managers delivered a significant message about sexual orientation in sports, Commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday.
The Pittsburgh Penguins' spot in the postseason is assured. The Phoenix Coyotes are living much more dangerously.
NOTES: The OTAs are voluntary and Smith said White needed to miss the workouts to be with his family.
Smith said there is a renewed emphasis on a strong running game to complement the passing attack led by quarterback Matt Ryan and receivers Julio Jones and Roddy White.