- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Mike Smith
The Capitals received goals from Karl Alzner, Brooks Laich and Alex Ovechkin to pull out a win and move two points closer to the Rangers.
Troy Brouwer scored a power-play goal off a rebound to cap a rally from a two-goal deficit in the third period as the Capitals beat the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 on Saturday night.
Asian carp are invading the rivers of eastern South Dakota.
With newly signed Evgeny Kuznetsov looking on, the Washington Capitals did their best to entertain their new teammate.
On the same track where Breeders' Cup glory has eluded him, Game On Dude won the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap by 1¾ lengths Saturday, becoming the first three-time champion in the race's 77-year history.
Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith had plenty of idle time on his hands, watching his teammates push the Vancouver Canucks to the outside, limiting their chances.
Awesome Baby beat Artemis by 2¾ lengths Saturday at Santa Anita in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
Ryan Miller's debut for the St. Louis Blues started with a tough break and ended with a victory.
Blake Wheeler was ready to go after the Olympic break, and so were his Winnipeg Jets.
Intense Holiday rallied along the outside and narrowly edged Albano to win the Grade II Risen Star Stakes at the Fair Grounds Race Course on Saturday night.
Goalie Carey Price will start Canada's Olympic opener against Norway on Thursday, and Roberto Luongo will start Friday against Austria.
The Dallas Stars' three Olympians sent their team into the Olympic break on a high note Saturday night.
Mike Smith stopped 30 shots and the Phoenix Coyotes became the first team to shut out the Chicago Blackhawks this season with a 2-0 victory Friday night.
The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars' dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons' team.
Two nights after losing to the Eastern Conference's worst team, the Phoenix Coyotes handled the best.
"They could absolutely outcompete any other species," said the department's aquatic invasive species coordinator, Mike Smith.
The takeover has happened in the Illinois River south of the Great Lakes, where Asian carp now make up about 95 percent of that river's biomass, Smith said.