- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
Latest Mikhail Kasyanov Items
The Obama administration's "reset" of its relationship with Russia has largely failed, and in his second term, the president must press Moscow harder on human rights, which are under threat from President Vladimir Putin, Russian opposition leaders and Kremlin critics say.
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin claimed victory Sunday in the nation's presidential election, which observers said had been marred by widespread violations.
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin vehemently rejected opposition calls for a rerun of the parliamentary election, accusing those who organized massive protests against vote fraud of working to weaken Russia at the West's behest.
Russia's opposition, riding high after the largest anti-Kremlin protests in 20 years, has a big problem to overcome: It's a fragile patchwork of groups whose leaders inspire little trust among voters.
Russians cast their ballots with muted enthusiasm in national parliamentary elections Sunday, and exit polls cited by Russian state television showed Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's party tallying less than 50 percent of the vote.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is pushing for reconciliation with Hamas, even if unity would cost him hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Washington, which lists Hamas as a terrorist group, an aide said Monday.