- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
Topic - Mikhail Youzhny
Hometown favorite Igor Sijsling has upset Russia's Mikhail Youzhny 6-2, 6-2 in the first round of the ABN Amro.
German qualifier Bjorn Phau upset second-seeded Mikhail Youzhny to reach the quarterfinals of the Zagreb Indoors on Thursday.
It was the latest in a string of upsets that has jolted the tournament, with defending champion Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal knocked out in the first three days — along with Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka on the women's side.
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) _ In a Sept. 18 story about the St. Petersburg Open tennis tournament, The Associated Press erroneously named Vasek Pospisil as Michal Pospisil.
Roger Federer advanced to the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Thursday, beating Mikhail Youzhny 6-3, 6-4 to improve to 12-0 against the Russian.
No. 12 Mikhail Youzhny beat No. 25 Stanislas Wawrinka 3-6, 7-6 (7), 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 on Thursday to advance to his second career U.S. Open semifinal.
As the Davis Cup wraps up, Argentina and serbia will join France and the Czech Republic to make up the final four.
"It was not the foot fault that caused me to lose the match," Youzhny said, adding he felt sick during play.