- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Mikhail Youzhny Items
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
While top-seeded Novak Djokovic had a rest day when opponent Mikhail Youzhny became ill and withdrew from their quarterfinal on Thursday, Roger Federer had to play his way into their semifinal date at the Dubai Championships.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic needed less than an hour to advance at the Dubai Championships on Wednesday, while Roger Federer faced a struggle to seal his place in the quarterfinals.
Hometown favorite Igor Sijsling has upset Russia's Mikhail Youzhny 6-2, 6-2 in the first round of the ABN Amro.
German qualifier Bjorn Phau upset second-seeded Mikhail Youzhny to reach the quarterfinals of the Zagreb Indoors on Thursday.
A look at the third day of the Australian Open tennis championships on Wednesday:
A look at the first day of the Australian Open tennis championships on Monday:
Third-seeded Murray won his first Grand Slam title at Flushing Meadows last year and his second at Wimbledon this July. But he was overmatched from the beginning on a blustery day in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Defending champion Andy Murray could face top-seeded Novak Djokovic only in the U.S. Open semifinals, while Nadal and Federer — who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows — might meet in the quarterfinals.