- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ministry Of Education
Several countries have government departments named the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Public Education. The first such ministry ever is considered to be the Commission of National Education (pl. Komisja Edukacji Narodowej, lt. Edukacinė komisija) founded in 1773 in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. - Source: Wikipedia
Russia's Orthodox Church this week warned of the spiritual dangers of Halloween, as authorities in Siberia banned the holiday for encouraging "extremist" tendencies in young people.
Kosovo authorities are telling teachers and students to ignore a paragraph in a high school textbook that labels rock music as criminal.
Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh announced Thursday that Gaza will establish a new military academy, the first of its kind, to prepare children for the "phase of liberating Palestine."
Before class starts, the schoolyard at Gerezani Secondary School is typically noisy; but inside the classrooms, where only English is allowed, students are reluctant to speak.
Celebrity promises have turned into disappointment, finger-pointing and lawsuits in Malawi, an impoverished and troubled southern African country where Madonna has drastically scaled back charity efforts.
Celebrity promises have turned to disappointment, finger-pointing and lawsuits in Malawi, an impoverished and troubled southern African country where Madonna has drastically scaled back charity efforts.
Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb Tuesday in front of the Education Ministry in Somalia's capital, where students and their parents were registering for scholarships offered by the Turkish government.
By 2015, the nation's schools will abandon traditional textbooks in favor of digital learning. Over the next four years, the nation's government will spend more than $2 billion to provide every student with a tablet and, in the process, become the first country in the world to go paperless in its schools.
The media - print and electronic - are abuzz about the growing lack of tolerance in Pakistan. The culprits behind the targeted killings and mass murders are often ardent followers of their faith and could shame ordinary Muslims with their knowledge of the scriptures. A would-be suicide bomber, arrested before he could meet his maker, argued that all Pakistanis who are not fighting alongside the fanatics are heretics who deserve death. The death sentence handed out to Aasia Bibi for adhering to her Christian beliefs reveals yet another facet of intolerance in Pakistan's civil life.
ISTANBUL — An Islamic version of "scientific creationism" has found fertile soil in Turkey, where three in four residents reject Charles Darwin's theory of evolution.