- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Minnesota Legislature
The Minnesota Legislature is the legislative branch of government in the U.S. state of Minnesota. It is a bicameral legislature located at the Minnesota Capitol in Saint Paul and it consists of two houses: the lower Minnesota House of Representatives and the Minnesota Senate. The House has 134 seats, the Senate has 67. - Source: Wikipedia
With some resistance, legislation giving military veterans a legal right to Veterans Day off from work advanced Wednesday in the Minnesota Legislature.
Republican leaders in the Minnesota Legislature say the $1.2 billion budget surplus is no cause for celebration because it shows state government overtaxes its citizens.
Both sides in a debate over electronic cigarettes conceded Wednesday there's scant scientific evidence about the health effects of the devices, but that might not stop efforts in the Minnesota Legislature to regulate them like traditional tobacco products.
Kevin Burbach is joining The Associated Press as a general assignment reporter in Bismarck.
State wildlife officials told a judge Monday that a bear researcher working in northern Minnesota is unprofessional and endangering public safety by feeding bears, but attorneys for the researcher said he's unfairly being targeted because of past disagreements with the state.
The Minnesota Legislature became the 12th to pass gay marriage Monday, leaving just a handful of states that have yet to act definitively on the issue.
Gov. Mark Dayton, political leaders and the Minnesota Vikings unveiled a proposal Thursday to build a $975 million stadium for the team in downtown Minneapolis and called for quick action on the plan before the Legislature adjourns this spring.
The Minnesota Vikings and state and local representatives are finally ready to bring forward a legislative proposal to build a new stadium for the team.
The Muslim man who confessed to shooting two soldiers outside a military recruiting station in Arkansas, and killing one, claims he's being treated like a common criminal with a state murder charge.