- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Minnesota Twins Items
The Minnesota Twins gave Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka a warm welcome, trying to make Target Field feel a little less foreign.
Two people with knowledge of the deal tell the Associated Press that the San Diego Padres have agreed to an $11.5 million, two-year contract with second baseman Orlando Hudson.
The San Diego Padres added a new double-play combination on Friday when they reacquired shortstop Jason Bartlett in a trade with the Tampa Bay Rays and closed in on a deal with second baseman Orlando Hudson.
Japanese batting champion Tsuyoshi Nishioka and the Minnesota Twins agreed Friday to a $9.25 million, three-year contract that includes a club option for the 2014 season.
Japanese batting champion Tsuyoshi Nishioka (soo-YOH-shee nee-SHEE-oh-kah) and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a $9 million, three-year contract that includes a club option for the 2014 season.
Japanese batting champion Tsuyoshi Nishioka and the Minnesota Twins reached preliminary agreement Thursday on a three-year contract worth about $10 million, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.
The Dodgers keep spending despite the messy divorce of the McCourts.
Officials say they're moving as quickly and safely as possible to repair the snow-punctured roof at the Minnesota Vikings' stadium.
The Giants-Vikings game is not likely to be played Monday night after the Metrodome's inflated roof collapsed in a snowstorm that had already forced the game to be delayed a day.