- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
Topic - Mircea Dinescu
"One of them will be the patriarch of the Orthodox Church and it would be a shame to discover later that he's a Securitate general," said Mircea Dinescu of the Council for Studying the Securitate Archives.
The state council will review the files and publish the names of any clerics who collaborated, said Dinescu, a former anti-communist dissident.