- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Mississippi Power Co.
Latest Mississippi Power Co. Items
Gov, Phil Bryant and others are extolling Mississippi as a national leader in using carbon dioxide to extract more oil from old oil fields.
A new exhibit at the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum at Camp Shelby will be dedicated Feb. 13 to the late Air Force Reserve Lt. Col. David Anthony Williams.
The Southern Co. says it may cost another $40 million to finish the $5 billion-plus power plant and mine it's building in eastern Mississippi's Kemper County.
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi's state auditor and a legislative watchdog committee say there's no merit to allegations that an opponent of Mississippi Power Co.'s Kemper County plant misspent state money.
In the woods of east Mississippi, a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Southern Co. is pouring billions of dollars into construction of a power plant that burns coal but would emit less carbon dioxide. It's a response to looming efforts by federal regulators trying to curtail gases blamed for climate change.