- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Missy Meharg
Ask Katie O'Donnell about the Navy SEALs and her eyes light up.
As the coach of a storied Maryland field hockey program that has won five of the past seven national championships, Missy Meharg has been interviewed more times than she can count.
"Her growth from that point on ... really stems from that disappointment," said Maryland field hockey coach Missy Meharg, who will provide color commentary for NBC's Olympic field hockey broadcasts. "She finds a way to dig deeper then what you think is possible."
"I was so uncertain of the whole interview, live-interviewing people. I had never done that," Meharg said of the game she broadcast last month between the United States and Argentina.