- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Latest Mo Pena Items
The Arizona Diamondbacks have promoted Pacific Coast League home run leader Wily Mo Pena from Triple-A.
Wily Mo Pena's long-awaited first homer of the season surely had to be an encouraging sign to emerge from the Nationals' 5-1 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.
LOS ANGELES -- The Washington Nationals have been, statistically speaking, the least-powerful team in the major leagues this season. So the sight of three of his players homering last night at Dodger Stadium had to be encouraging to manager Manny Acta.
HOUSTON — Whether it's in Washington or Houston, the Nationals love when they see Jason Jennings on the mound.
There is no need to over-analyze the Washington Nationals' just-completed homestand. After dropping two of three to the Philadelphia Phillies and then getting swept in three games by the New York Mets, the Nationals only could concede what they probably already knew.
Back in the National League and reunited with general manager Jim Bowden and some former Cincinnati Reds teammates, newly acquired slugger Wily Mo Pena yesterday acted like someone who was just glad to be here. Which, in fact, he was.
Here was Wily Mo Pena's welcome-to-the-Nationals moment:
TODAY ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM
Jim Bowden insists it was never his intention to turn the Washington Nationals into the Cincinnati Reds of the East. He never planned to trade for Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez. He didn't plan to sign Dmitri Young. And he didn't expect to complete a trade for Wily Mo Pena yesterday.