By Douglas Holtz-Eakin
The young drop coverage to avoid higher premiums
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Silent for months, the former top deputy to slain Ambassador Chris Stevens has told congressional investigators that U.S. and Libyan officials on the ground believed immediately that the attack on the American mission in Benghazi was terrorism and not a protest gone awry as administration officials initially suggested.
The top American diplomat in Libya is set to offer politically damaging testimony this week that suggests the Obama administration fumbled its response to the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
Susan Rice, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, said Sunday that last week's deadly attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya was a spontaneous reaction to an Internet video offensive to Muslims and not a premeditated response to U.S. foreign policy in the Arab world.
But Mr. Magariaf told CBS's "Face the Nation" that "the way these perpetrators acted and moved ... and their choosing the specific date for this so-called demonstration ... leaves us with no doubt that this was preplanned — predetermined."
"Definitely, it was planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago, and they were planning this criminal act since their arrival," Mr. Magariaf said.