- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Moldova
Cameroon will host Moldova in its final friendly before the World Cup after Guatemala canceled a trip to the West African nation citing security fears, the Cameroon Football Federation said on Thursday.
The top general at NATO, U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove, said that the world shouldn't rest easy once the dust settles over Crimea -- that Russia may have more land in its annexation sights, including nearby Moldova.
Musicians in Moldova - a country with 3.6 million people wedged between Romania and Ukraine - learn native folk songs by ear from a young age, flutist Rod Garnett said.
The World Health Organization says the highest levels ever of drug-resistant tuberculosis have been found in Russia and Moldova.
The ancient Eastern European nation of Moldova was buffeted throughout its long history, repeatedly invaded by Goths, Huns, Mongols and Romans, and later coveted by Ottoman Turks, Nazis and the Soviet Union.