- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Monica Hernandez
A $10 million federal grant was awarded to the D.C. Department of Transportation on Friday in order to connect 60 miles of existing trails in Maryland and D.C.
The D.C. Department of Transportation plans to start construction on the new trail by March 2013, Ms. Hernandez said.
“It brings in a component of economic development,” Monica Hernandez said, D.C. transportation department spokeswoman.