- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Monica Simpson
Outraged by the grisly details of late-term abortions in Dr. Kermit Gosnell's clinic, a group of black pastors is coming to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to ask for congressional hearings into the impact of abortion in black communities.
"That's what reproductive justice is all about," she said, adding that she and her allies will "stand firm" on the issue.
"We never know why a woman chooses to have an abortion," said Ms. Simpson, but "it's important for women to be able to make their own reproductive decisions."