- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
Latest Monroe Items
The board of telecommunications services provider CenturyLink Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend of 54 cents per share on the company's common stock.
Four Monroe High School students are in trouble after demonstrating some advanced computer skills. Unfortunately, they were using their talents to hack into a teacher's computer to change their grades in a science class they were failing.
Authorities say a 47-year-old man found face down in a creek near his home in Monroe may have drowned.
A 183-year-old southeastern Michigan church is getting a state historic marker this weekend.
Two members of the Monroe City Council want to consider using another transit company instead of First Transit to manage the bus system.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has condemned a bridge in the Russell Sage Wildlife Management Area because a recent inspection found major repairs were needed.
Cynthia Brackins loves feeling the earth in her hands, turning the spring soil before depositing colorful splashes of bright blossoms as if her beds were a canvas.
The board of St. Francis Medical Center in Monroe has voted to conduct a feasibility study on moving all its operations out of downtown to the hospital's north campus on U.S. 165.
West Monroe Mayor Dave Norris will deliver the keynote address at the University of Louisiana-Monroe's graduation ceremonies on May 10.