- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
Latest Monserrate Shirley Items
Two of three people charged in a deadly 2012 Indianapolis house explosion are asking a judge to push back a scheduled June trial start.
An Indianapolis judge says three people charged in a deadly 2012 house explosion must stand trial separately.
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — All three defendants charged with causing a 2012 explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood object to prosecutors' proposal to hold a single trial for them before separate juries, arguments their attorneys filed by Friday indicate.
A Houston traffic stop ended with a gunman shooting and killing a police officer and a bystander on Christmas Eve in the parking lot of a body shop, police said.
Residents whose Indianapolis homes were battered by a gas explosion and relatives of a couple who were killed packed a court hearing Monday for the three suspects charged with rigging the blast.
The house explosion that killed two people and destroyed several homes in an Indianapolis neighborhood is now being investigated as a homicide, authorities said, though no suspects have been named.
The owner of one of the homes that exploded in Indianapolis said Monday that a problem furnace could be to blame for the blast that killed two people and damaged dozens of homes so severely officials say they must be demolished.
Planned Parenthood is suing the head of the Oklahoma Department of Health over the agency's decision to withdraw federal funding for three clinics in the Tulsa area that provide food and nutritional counseling to low-income mothers.