- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Montgomery County Police Department
The first purchase a pair of wanted thieves made with a credit card from a woman attending church services was an $1,100, 3-month-old Yorkshire Terrier puppy.
Thieves wielding a stolen backhoe and a pick-up truck tried early Monday to swipe an ATM from a Potomac bank, according to Montgomery County police.
The deaths of a 17-year-old Rockville High School student and a recruiter with the U.S. Army were ruled a murder-suicide, Montgomery County police said Monday.
A White Oak teenager has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his 7-month-old sister, Montgomery County police said.
A 28-year-old man was killed early Sunday in Aspen Hill after a verbal argument escalated into a shooting, Montgomery County police said.
One person was killed and another two injured after an early Sunday car crash in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County police said.
A Maryland bowhunter who accidentally shot himself with his own unregistered gunthought he'd help rescuers locate him in the woods by firing off a couple of shots — a signal not appreciated by the helicopter trying to find him.
Montgomery County police are investigating a Monday night homicide in the Briggs Chaney area of Silver Spring.
A 21-year-old White Oak man was shot and killed when two men broke into his apartment, Montgomery County police said.
A man killed inside his Gaithersburg apartment this week was fatally stabbed, Montgomery County police said Tuesday.
Montgomery County police say a Chinese woman visiting relatives in Northern Virginia has been found dead in the Potomac River.
Montgomery County police arrested two men and a juvenile who they believe are part of the "La Raza" street gang on charges that they beat a man in the head and face with broken glass bottles at a party in Silver Spring earlier this month.
On Nov. 6, Montgomery County voters will decide whether the police chief or the head of the police union should determine public-safety policy.
A 15-year-old Germantown girl was struck and killed by a vehicle Wednesday morning while walking to school in Montgomery County, police said.
A handful of roads were closed due to high water or downed trees Monday afternoon as Hurricane Sandy moved into the D.C. area, though the storm was expected to wreak far more havoc on the region into Tuesday.