- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Montgomery County Police Department
Two homicides in two days have put the number of killings in Montgomery County this year even with the total slayings recorded in all of last year.
Montgomery County police on Thursday identified a police officer who fatally shot his 25-year-old son in order to protect his mortally wounded wife.
The first purchase a pair of wanted thieves made with a credit card from a woman attending church services was an $1,100, 3-month-old Yorkshire Terrier puppy.
Thieves wielding a stolen backhoe and a pick-up truck tried early Monday to swipe an ATM from a Potomac bank, according to Montgomery County police.
The deaths of a 17-year-old Rockville High School student and a recruiter with the U.S. Army were ruled a murder-suicide, Montgomery County police said Monday.
A White Oak teenager has been charged with first degree murder in the death of his 7-month-old sister, Montgomery County police said.
A 28-year-old man was killed early Sunday in Aspen Hill after a verbal argument escalated into a shooting, Montgomery County police said.
One person was killed and another two injured after an early Sunday car crash in Gaithersburg, Montgomery County police said.
A Maryland bowhunter who accidentally shot himself with his own unregistered gunthought he'd help rescuers locate him in the woods by firing off a couple of shots — a signal not appreciated by the helicopter trying to find him.
Montgomery County police are investigating a Monday night homicide in the Briggs Chaney area of Silver Spring.
A 21-year-old White Oak man was shot and killed when two men broke into his apartment, Montgomery County police said.
A man killed inside his Gaithersburg apartment this week was fatally stabbed, Montgomery County police said Tuesday.
Montgomery County police say a Chinese woman visiting relatives in Northern Virginia has been found dead in the Potomac River.
Montgomery County police arrested two men and a juvenile who they believe are part of the "La Raza" street gang on charges that they beat a man in the head and face with broken glass bottles at a party in Silver Spring earlier this month.
On Nov. 6, Montgomery County voters will decide whether the police chief or the head of the police union should determine public-safety policy.