- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Monticello Items
Seventy-two naturalized immigrants proudly held their hands over their hearts at Thomas Jefferson's Monticello Friday and pledged allegiance to America amid cheers from U.S. citizens who welcomed them — a stark contrast to the rising tensions nationwide in response to the surge of Central American immigrants crossing the U.S. border.
Workers were evacuated from a northern Indiana factory after an explosion and fire in its ductwork.
The Carlyle Group co-founder and co-CEO David M. Rubenstein will be the featured speaker at Monticello's annual Fourth of July naturalization ceremony.
State lawmakers are hosting a forum looking for ways to combat the rise in heroin and opioid abuse in the state.
A 17-year-old carrying two knives was taken into custody after schools in an eastern Iowa city were locked down.
Developers of a proposed Catskills casino say they have received a resolution of support from local lawmakers.
Xcel Energy should work to improve the "degraded" performance of its Monticello nuclear plant, a top Nuclear Regulatory Commission official said.
Authorities say a Florida Panhandle man was having an affair with the 13-year-old girl who accidentally backed over his 6-year-old daughter with a truck.
Celebrating the long-standing ties between their nations, President Barack Obama and French President Francois Hollande on Monday toured the sweeping Virginia estate owned by Thomas Jefferson, the former American president and famed Francophile. Obama's rare out-of-town trip with a foreign leader opened two days of events marking Hollande's state visit to the United States.