- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Moody Coliseum
Moody Coliseum is an 8,998-seat multi-purpose arena in University Park, Texas. The arena opened in 1956. It is home to the Southern Methodist University Mustangs basketball team. It was also home to the Dallas Chaparrals and Texas Chaparrals of the American Basketball Association before they moved to San Antonio, Texas as the San Antonio Spurs. It was also later a temporary home for the San Antonio Spurs. - Source: Wikipedia
Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown was in no mood to talk about what No. 18 SMU has accomplished this season.
Central Florida stayed in the game long after SMU's bid for an early blowout in yet another home win.
The SMU Mustangs won their first home game as a ranked team in almost 30 years, and they are gearing up for a return to the NCAA tournament after a 21-year absence.
The seeds of SMU's 68-64 victory over Houston on Wednesday night were sown hours after the Mustangs suffered an upset loss at Temple on Sunday afternoon that ended their first stay in The Associated Press college basketball poll in 29 years at only one week.
Long before SMU was pulling off upset victories at home before sellout crowds, Moody Madness had a much different meaning.
Larry Brown knows his quick turnaround at SMU is much different than anything the Hall of Fame coach has done in the past.
Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin doesn't believe his players had any thoughts of going through the rest of the season without another loss.
Moody Madness indeed, and quicker than even Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown thought.
Maybe there were too many coincidences going against No. 22 Memphis.
Before SMU returned to its campus home in the newly renovated Moody Coliseum, it had been 10 years since the Mustangs defeated a Top 25 opponent.
DALLAS (AP) — Nic Moore had 20 points and six assists to lead SMU to a 74-65 victory over No. 17 Connecticut on Saturday in the Mustangs' first game of the season played on campus in refurbished Moody Coliseum.
DALLAS (AP) — SMU hosts No. 17 Connecticut this weekend in a renovated basketball arena that for the first time will offer beer for sale.
In his first season as Kentucky's coach, John Calipari led the Wildcats to 35 wins and a trip to the regional finals of the NCAA tournament.
Larry Brown has returned to college coaching.