- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry’s credibility questioned
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
Latest Moody'S Items
Rhode Island's House speaker said he had a "very fruitful" meeting Wednesday with two Wall Street ratings agencies as lawmakers weigh the harm of possibly defaulting on bonds that financed the state-backed loan to 38 Studios.
Kansas needs to make more spending cuts to offset tax cuts enacted by Gov. Sam Brownback and the Legislature last year, but it won't be easy, a report released by Moody's Investor Services this week said.
Officials say Livingston Parish should save about $100,000 in legal fees for 2014 after officials restructured the way the parish legal adviser gets paid.
A leading credit rating firm says a recent Kansas Supreme Court ruling on school funding was a "negative" event that puts even more pressure on the state's ability to pay its debts.
A major international ratings agency expects the local government in Sochi, Russia, to struggle with the cost of maintaining the Olympic venues despite massive state investment.
Britain on Friday became the latest major developed country to lose its top AAA credit rating, following a downgrade issued by Fitch, a London-based ratings agency.
Moody's decision last week to downgrade Great Britain's credit rating surprised no one, including the markets, which largely shrugged the news off. The credit-rating agency arrived late to the party, just as it did in the United States and in several of the eurozone's distressed countries.
A top U.K. official has answered a Moody's downgrade of its AAA credit rating with a vow to double down on efforts to tackle debt.
Wall Street stock markets and Atlantic City casinos shut down, hundreds of flights were canceled, and numerous companies postponed earnings announcements. The short-term economic impacts of Hurricane Sandy were already evident by Monday evening, but the ultimate bill for the struggling nation's economy could take a while to add up.