- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
By John McAfee
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Morgan Lucas
Top Fuel driver Morgan Lucas, who earned his first career victory at Atlanta Dragway in 2009, said a win Saturday would become a very special present for his mother, Charlotte, who sometimes competes in NHRA's Super Comp category.
"It's going to be a unique opportunity for all of us to try and win a Wally as a Mother's Day gift," said Lucas. "We'll come back with the same positive attitude and try to win some rounds."