- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
Latest Morgan Stanley Items
The average rate on the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage has dropped to 3.94 percent, the record low set in October.
Credit card issuers had a somewhat bumpy summer, but most of the top banks are reporting that their customers continued to make payments on time.
Stocks on Wall Street and across Europe fell sharply Thursday as fears of a double-dip recession continued to grow.
President Obama's nominee for deputy secretary of state has earned more than $8 million in salary and bonuses since January 2009 as an executive at a Wall Street bank that received a federal bailout.
From combined dispatches
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Energy and financial shares yesterday rallied on prospects for higher earnings, carrying the stock market mostly higher for a second consecutive day.