- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Latest Mother'S Day Items
That mature lady sitting on the playground bench beaming at her toddler may have some gray hair, but don't call her "grandma." She may well be a member of America's fastest-growing fertility group: mothers 40 and older.
Instead of giving your mother a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day, consider a flowered cake. This beautiful and easy-to-make cake features the flavors of lemon and honey and is swathed with a cloudlike blanket of honey meringue. It then is crowned with masses of edible sugared flowers.
Engineers should know Sunday whether Endeavour's six-man crew and their families _ including wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords _ need to stick around for a Monday launch attempt or come back sometime around Mother's Day.
To the Colombian Embassy, a rose by any other name still spells free trade.
When the Miami Heat ended practice Sunday, Dwyane Wade went home to his sons.
Dallas Braden is never one to be bashful: The Oakland lefty is certain the Year of the Pitcher can carry on through 2011 and beyond.
When Joe McGill spreads his sleeping bag on the floor of a slave cabin, he knows that spending the night there will conjure the specter of slavery.
This week Americans honor their fathers on Father's Day. This is a particularly important Father's Day because it's the 100th anniversary of the celebration. It is said that Father's Day began in 1910 in response to Mother's Day. Sonora Smart Dodd came up with the idea while listening to a Mother's Day sermon in church. Dodd's mother had died during childbirth, and she and her five siblings were raised by her father. Dodd thought there should be a holiday to recognize the important contributions of fathers. Father's Day began not to recognize the contributions of fathers at work but at home.
The ideal father is hardworking, fun-loving, a good provider, understanding, wise, sometimes stern and, above all, inspiring. Yet a century ago, the popular image of the father was less radiant.