- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mount Vernon Square
Mount Vernon Square is a city square in the Northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C. It is located where the following streets would otherwise intersect: Massachusetts Avenue, New York Avenue, K Street, and 8th Street NW. - Source: Wikipedia
A man was struck by a train and killed at the Gallery Place Metro rail station Wednesday, causing hours of delays for morning commuters.
A D.C. lawmaker is calling on the city to establish an emergency relief fund for residents of the Bloomingdale neighborhood reeling from flood damage after fierce rains backed up their outdated sewer once again during the Labor Day weekend.
Va. officials meet to discuss possible Silver Line overruns; Deadly night in D.C.; Gingrich to Richmond; Maryland GOP: New map protects powerful Democrats; Md. judge hears redistricting suit; D.C. wants to overhaul cabs; Judge hears update about Wilder-led bankrupt slavery museum.
Four people were shot in three separate incidents in the District within an hour Monday night, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.
An elementary school student who brought cocaine to school and shared it with other students was to be reunited with his mother after a hearing Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court.