- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Latest Mount Vernon Items
Liberty and Peace, a pair of 19-month-old turkeys, were recently plucked from their Minnesota farm and brought to the District, never to see their friends or family members again.
A private funeral will be held Friday in Mount Vernon for hip-hop star Heavy D, who died last week at a Los Angeles hospital after collapsing outside his home. He was 44. His family said he died of complications from pneumonia.
A new tour of Mount Vernon is showing visitors how the Northern Virginia estate has a history beyond being home to George Washington, including a role in the Civil War.
Visitor centers are proliferating at our nation's most cherished landmarks to change the tourist experience.