- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Movement For Democratic Change
Latest Movement For Democratic Change Items
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has unleashed brutal attacks on political rivals, executed rampant violations of human rights and crippled the economy during the 33 years of his autocratic regime. On Wednesday, he will ask his countrymen to give him one more term in office.
The U.S. ambassador in Zimbabwe fears the troubled southern African nation will face another stolen election this year because the ruling party appears to have no desire to allow a free and fair vote.
The U.S. ambassador to Zimbabwe vowed to continue denouncing human rights violations in the southern African nation but offered some soothing words to autocratic President Robert Mugabe and his thuggish political party.
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Zimbabwe's divided opposition movement reunited after months of bickering yesterday, declared it had a majority in Parliament and told President Robert Mugabe to concede defeat in presidential elections.
HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — President Robert Mugabe's ruling party demanded a vote recount and a further delay in the release of presidential election results, the state Sunday Mail newspaper reported, while militants seized equipment and livestock from white-owned farms.