- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
Latest Mtv Items
The biggest news in country music over the past week has been the latest Taylor Swift breakup. Hang on, this one is serious.
Street League Skateboarding has signed a three-year deal to have its contests broadcast live on Fox Sports 1 and distributed globally by the Fox networks.
Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave" will face off with blockbusters like "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" at the MTV Movie Awards.
Conan O'Brien will be serving up buckets of golden popcorn.
Missing Persons featuring Dale Bozzio, "Missing in Action" (Cleopatra Records)
Few have more connections in the Broadway ecosystem than Seth Rudetsky. He played the piano for Audra McDonald's senior recital at Juilliard - long before she was a star. He's Patti LuPone's go-to accompanist and Tina Fey attended the opening night of his new off-Broadway show.
A leader in the reality TV genre is donating $6.7 million for the University of Missouri-Columbia to create a program in documentary journalism.
Musical moments that capture the attention of a national audience - and beyond - never seem to be in short supply. Last week, Bruno Mars set a ratings record with 115 million people watching his Super Bowl performance. A few months ago, the talk was about Beyonce's surprise album. And there's still discussion of That Miley Moment at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The Food and Drug Administration is using ads depicting wrinkled skin on youthful faces and teenagers paying for cigarettes with their teeth in a campaign to show the nation's young people the costs associated with smoking.