- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Latest Moammar Gadhafi Items
Libyan officials have confirmed that the late dictator Moammar Gadhafi's wife and three of his children have gone missing from their Algerian home, where they had taken refuge.
French forces have quickly dislodged terrorist enclaves from the West African nation of Mali, but U.S. authorities "remain concerned about the continued presence of terrorist and extremists groups, including al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb," a high-ranking State Department official told Congress on Thursday.
France will host a meeting next week to address growing concerns over the dire security situation in Libya, a French official said on Tuesday.
Security in Benghazi, the eastern Libyan city where four Americans were killed Sept. 11 in a terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate, has decayed to the point where Westerners are fleeing, assassinations and kidnappings are rife and residents worry that U.S. drone strikes on jihadist targets are imminent.
Britain, Germany and the Netherlands urged their citizens Thursday to immediately leave the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi in response to what was described as an imminent threat against Westerners.
The man nominated to serve as Libya’s foreign minister has declined to take the job, despite being cleared by a panel that investigated his links to late dictator Moammar Gadhafi.
Senior State Department, defense and intelligence officials were well aware that Benghazi and its surrounding area harbored al Qaeda-linked extremists long before the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in the eastern Libyan city.
The Libyan government on Saturday announced the capture of Moammar Gadhafi's ex-spokesman outside a besieged town, as the oil-rich North African nation marked the anniversary of the ousted dictator's death.