- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest N. Korea Items
Hwang Jang-yop, the intellectual force behind the philosophy of self-reliance that guided North Korea and a top official in the Workers' Party that still rules the communist nation, has died.
The threat posed by North Korea's nuclear program has reached an "extremely dangerous level," an adviser to South Korea's president said in comments published Wednesday.
Philippines official says police may have shot hostages
North Korean reclusive leader Kim Jong-il is visiting powerful ally China, possibly with his son and heir apparent, South Korean government sources said Thursday, ahead of a meeting that may settle Mr. Kim's succession.
Burma on Thursday published stringent rules for November's general election that demand candidates seek permission a week in advance to campaign, do not make speeches that "tarnish" the ruling military or shout slogans at processions.
Six people were executed as China prepared to mark a global anti-drug day, state press said Friday.