- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
- GOP tsunami coming as even Dem-leaning voters bolt: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Nabil Fahmy
The Obama administration and the U.N. reacted with alarm on Monday after an Egyptian judge sentenced the spiritual guide of the Muslim Brotherhood and more than 680 others to death for inciting and committing violence that led to the death of one police officer.
In an echo of the Cold War, Egypt gave the red carpet welcome Thursday to senior Russian officials aiming to expand Moscow's influence through military and economic cooperation with a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.
The United States and Egypt put a brave face on badly strained relations on Sunday, vowing to restore their full partnership as U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry became the highest-ranking Obama administration official to visit the country since the ouster this summer of its first democratically elected president.
The current state of relations between Egyptian and U.S. authorities has sunk to such lows that the entire Middle East region could suffer, Egyptian Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy said Wednesday.
The standoff in Cairo between authorities and supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi continued Monday, as the Egyptian military appeared to step back from their threats to break up two pro-Morsi camps in the capital.
Threat to Egypt
In a statement, he said he hoped the agreement would "support the Palestinian position in the peace talks" with Israel.
Egypt, he added, supports Palestinian Authority leader