- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Nadia Petrova Items
Nadezhda, Nadia Petrova's full first name, means hope in Russian. In the three years since Petrova's most recent WTA title, it would have been easy for her to abandon her namesake.
As the sun set over College Park on Saturday evening, 102nd-ranked Irina Falconi appeared poised to shake up the Citi Open. The last American remaining in the field had just cruised past 32nd-ranked Nadia Petrova to earn a 6-1 first-set victory, leaving her hulking Russian opponent muttering curses under her breath.
Once Alexandra Mueller starts a tournament, every step she takes could become the subject of a new superstition.
Kim Clijsters is more interested in trying to win major titles than returning to the No. 1 ranking for the first time in five years, despite being only two matches away from overtaking Caroline Wozniacki at the top.
The U.S. Open men's final between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic was postponed because of rain Sunday, marking the third consecutive year that the season's last Grand Slam tournament won't finish on schedule.
One day after winning the longest tennis match ever, John Isner lost in about 75 minutes.