- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
By Emily Miller
Billionaire gets mobbed by fans at CPAC
Topic - Nadja Benaissa
A singer in a German girl band broke down into tears Thursday after a court convicted her but sentenced her to no jail time for causing bodily harm to her ex-boyfriend by having unprotected sex with him despite knowing she was infected with HIV.
A German girl band singer broke down in tears Thursday as a court found her guilty of causing bodily harm to her ex-boyfriend by having unprotected sex with him despite knowing she was infected with HIV. She was not sentenced to jail time.
German prosecutors and defense attorneys are recommending no prison time for a singer accused of causing bodily harm to a man by allegedly infecting him with HIV.
German prosecutors and defense attorneys on Wednesday recommended no prison time for a girl-band singer accused of causing bodily harm to her ex-boyfriend by allegedly infecting him with HIV.
A German singer facing accusations that she infected a man with the virus that causes AIDS acknowledged in court Monday that she had unprotected sex despite knowing she was HIV-positive.
Benaissa said she didn't tell anybody about her disease because she was afraid of the consequences _ which she described during the trial as a "cowardly act."
"I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart," Benaissa said, adding that she had realized how much her ex-boyfriend was still suffering.